It’s time to register for the 14th Biennial UK Consumer Bankruptcy Law Conference, March 22-23, 2018, in Lexington, KY! New this year:
- A new location: The Marriott Griffin Gate Resort, conveniently located on Newtown Pike at I-75/I-64.
- A full 12 hours of CLE credit, including 2 hours of ethics.
- The Chip Bowles Memorial Keynote Lecture. The topic of this inaugural keynote presentation is “Too Poor to File Bankruptcy,” by Professor Stefania Albanesi from the University of Pittsburg.
Topics covered at the seminar are:
- Enhancing the Success of Chapter 13
- Practical Tax Issues
- What Bankruptcy Attorneys Should Know About RESPA and Mortgage Servicers
- Claims, Class Actions, and Arbitration Clauses
- Dealing With Mobile Homes in Bankruptcy
- The ABC’s of Consumer Protection Issues and Their Intersection with Bankruptcy
- Nonbankruptcy Options for Dealing With Student Loans (presented by Adam S. Minsky, Boston, MA)
- Case Law Update and Rule Changes
- The UCC and Bankruptcy: Back to Basics
- Best Practices for Debtors’ and Creditors’ Attorneys in Chapter 7 Cases
- Bankruptcy Judges’ Roundtable
- 60 Tips in 60 Minutes
To download the brochure and registration form, go to
or go to www.ukcle.com and click on the “Accredited Live Programs” tab.
The advance registration fee is only $340, which includes a downloadable PDF file of course materials. The fee also includes a box lunch on Thursday, provided by the KBA Bankruptcy Section (thank you!). See the brochure for additional registration options.
I’m really excited about this year’s seminar and look forward to seeing you there!